The Ledebour Garden is situated in the Lesser Quarter on the south side of Prague Castle. It is a spectacular Baroque terrace garden built in the Italian style. The garden dates back to the 17th century when Jan Václav Kolowrat had it built in 1665. A few decades later the spacious sala terrena was built though it is not clear who built it. It may have been Giovanni Santini, Giovanni Battista Alliprandi or František Maxmilián Kaňka. The paintings inside the sala terrena are the works of Václav Vavřinec Reiner.
No one looked after the Ledebour garden properly since the middle of the 19th century until 1990s - when basically all gardens around Prague Castle were thoroughly renovated The garden was left to decay, but have now been restored to their original beauty.