This convent was founded in 1234 by Agnes, sister of King Wensceslas, and originally called convent of the Poor Clares. She was not canonized until 1989. This convent was later abolished in 1782 and fell into great disrepair. After long and tedious restorations in the 1960's, it has now been restored to its original beauty and is currently used by the National Gallery to display medieval art from Central Europe and Bohemia. Notable features include its cloisters which date from the 14th century and a painted panel called the Annunciation of Our Lady, created in 1350, one of the oldest and finest works in the museum.